Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just got the RROD... some questions

1) I decided to just send it in and not deal with any of the ''fixes''... they said it will take 2-3 weeks. How long have people experienced?2) Once they fix the XBox, is it fixed for good, or will the RROD return? I also heard something weird about them sending back someone else's refurbished Xbox... what does that mean, and is it true?3) The person I talked to from support wasn't too competent... can anyone briefly explain the shipping process? She mentioned something weird about writting my reference number on my shipping box and taping it onto the console?Also, I'm curious as to there is any rhyme or reason as to when this happens... I only ask because I tried to take really good care of my Xbox in order to prevent this... so the whole situation pisses me off.Just got the RROD... some questions
So are you having them send you a ''360 coffin''?Just got the RROD... some questions
1) My whole process (waiting for the box, shipping, waiting for it to return to me) took about 2 weeks.2)It could get RRoD again, there's no certainty in any product that it will work for good. Yes they do give you a refurbished xbox and they send you one from the same year that yours was manufactured, they at least did for me. So you send in an '06 console which is what I did, you get an '06 back. They repair the console you sent in and then give it to someone else, that's how it works. 3) All you do is call them or go to xbox.com and do it online so you don't have to worry about talking to anyone. They ship you a box with directions on what to ship. They give you tape and a shipping sticker plus styrofoam to secure it in the box. You just ship the console, no hd, no controllers, no cables, nothing but the plain console. Also, you should to write down your tracking number located on the shipping sticker.
SO glad someone brought up this topic again.. I JUST got mine back from the RROD issue.. and well I can help a littleno they don't send people back someone esles refurbished xbox they actually open is it and do the repair, and sometimes they basically put u in a whole new machine depending on the condition.. that is what they did to mine mine is quieter turns on quicker and a few other good things, and the shipping is no big deal they I never had to do that either they will tell you that you have to get the box or they send you one.. but I had to go and buy my own box and stuff to ship it, and I had to print it out of an email they had sent to me and so I printed it out.. taped it to the box and packaged my 360 up nice and securely and sent it off and with in like 2 weeks I had it back
the whole process took about week and half for me, but i used my own box. I got a new xbox 360 i think because my old one didn't have built in hdmi and the new one i recieved did it also came with the new lite-on drives so im assuming it wasn't a refurb.
Thanks for all the help. Some follow up questions:1) I'm getting conflicting answers from you guys regarding the refurbished thing. I guess my main question is this: when you guys have gotten your 360 back, has it been in better or worse condition overall, beyond no RROD?2) I'm pretty sure I'm using my own box... so how does that work? When I called the person didn't even give me an option of a pre-done box... which is easier or quicker?3) Overall, have any of you experienced the RROD after the repair?4) Also, does anyone know whether this happens completely haphazardly or for a specific reason? I was, again, obviously pissed this happened, especially since I've taken good care of my Xbox especially to prevent this.
Also, I assume that by taking out my HD my data and my Xbox live stuff isn't going to be affected? The person I talked to said something about my Xbox live being compensated in some way... anybody know anything about that?
They took 11 days from the day I sent it away and they sent me a new Xbox 360!
Please use The Broken XBOX 360 Discussion %26 Help Thread. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment