Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So, Uh, Silent Hill: Homecoming is very ...

A lot of people are on the fence with this game, and the reviews are mixed.I have about 2 hours of gameplay in, and I gotta say, the game is really impressive. New combat system works well, great presentation...Rent this game if you are still unsure, it really is worth at LEAST 8 dollars to rent it.So, Uh, Silent Hill: Homecoming is very ...
I'm going to rent this for sure. Don't worry I won't leave you for dead =D So, Uh, Silent Hill: Homecoming is very ...
I read it's not very scary and predictable
i've been looking into renting it myself.
Can't wait to buy it ... either tomorrow or after tomorrow but either way , im gettin it. :D
Yeah the sound quality is really good, things are nice and loud. Only thing is the human character models arent maybe as good as the japanese versions of the game.
[QUOTE=''KC_Hokie'']I read it's not very scary and predictable[/QUOTE] I think you should read ALL reviews. ;)And to the TC, I agree. This game has a very rich atmosphere, just like previous Silent Hill games. It's dark, it's scary, and it's unpredictable. Great game! I was happy to add this to my Silent Hill collection. :D
I would buy it, but i'm kind of little girl as far as horror games go. They leave me crying in my floor in no time.
i just got it a few hours ago, i've only played for about an hour but so far its awsome. any fan of the series or any survival horror fan should get this game.
Yum Yum Yum there goes my arm =P
I didn't even know it was out.
I played it for a bunch at my friends... let me put it this way.............. If you enjoyed any of hte previous Silent Hill games, you will definatly enjoy this one.

Being a sound editor/engineer in the past i can REALLY appreciate games and movies that have really well done sound and editing,etc.... This is up there with Crysis as one of the most impressive sound in a videogame (if you have a top of the line sound card you will be blown away by crysis and crysis warheads sound, it makes it sound so realistic and like you are actually there witnesing this first hand).The Atmosphere is also very very well done in the new Silent Hill, its very nice and pulls you into the game really well.The game is worth a rent if not a buy just on its atmosphere and stellar sound. Not to mention decent controlls and a good story (what ive seen so far).Definatly give it a try.
I will tell you this I have been playing this game today for 8 hours and this game is AWESOME!!! the graphics are a 10 and the sound effects are a 10 there is some down down time and few cut scenes, but over all this game is very impressive!!! and if you like scary intense games then this is for you. If you have any questions I would be glad to help any way I can.... The only way to play this is in the dark and surround sound up LOUD, you will want to just keep going and going !!!!8)
sorry, i know this is off topic but, how do i invert my controlls %26 make it stay inverted (i tryed OFF/ON but, it keeps on going back 2 defult)
[QUOTE=''Shmiity'']A lot of people are on the fence with this game, and the reviews are mixed.I have about 2 hours of gameplay in, and I gotta say, the game is really impressive. New combat system works well, great presentation...Rent this game if you are still unsure, it really is worth at LEAST 8 dollars to rent it.[/QUOTE]



Are you a Survival-Horror fan, though? A lot of the reviews were so bad 'cause this game is aimed to hard-core survival-horror fans, which is not mainstream media, unfortunately. Personally, I love the game, but, I'm also a fan of horror. Many people lack the ability to really enjoy a game like that 'cause of what it is.
Ever since I read IGN's review and it said that the combat is too focused on a MILITARY man's strengths I decided to go out tomorrow and buy it. I can wait. I have like, goosebumps in anticipation. I love me sorry horror. YA!!!!
I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this game. I plan on getting it before the end of this year sometime -.- Hopefully this month.
I will probably be renting it sometime. There are so many games coming out soon though that it will take a while for me to get to it.
I think that mood and tone of Silent Hill died off. Ever since the movie came out, it just hasn't been the same any more. A lot of these survival horror games are becoming too ''action-y'' and less creepy and suspenseful, which is sad. We saw the trend with RE4 (which was a great game, just not creepy), Alone in the Dark, Condemned 2, and now Silent Hill Homecoming. What next? Alan Wake. I dare hope not!
How are the respawning enemies? That's one thing that has really turned me off to this game.
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment